All Lakes Region Lacrosse Club head coaches must be fully Level 1 certified. All assistants must be Level 1 on-line course certified. Here are the steps to certification. You must first be a member of US Lacrosse. Make sure you have renewed you membership. Click here to join or renew.
Take All 3 Courses: Complete your educational components (EC’s):
· CEP Level 1 on-line course is completed * ($30) Click here.
· CEP Level 1 Instructional Clinic is completed * ($65) The 2013 Level 1 clinics are scheduled through our President, Mike "Bubba" Normandin.
· PCA Double Goal Coach 1 course - Coaching for Winning and Life Lessons - is completed on-line (www.positivecoach.org). US Lacrosse members receive a 20% discount to the online version of this workshop. Enter code USLax2013 when you register. Click here.
These components may be completed in any order you wish. Just make sure you keep copies of your completion certificates to include in your coaching portfolio.
Apply to Certify: Submit your documentation
· Click here
to begin the online certification process.
· Fill it out completely, carefully following all instructions on the form.
· E-mail, fax, or mail a copy of your PCA certification or card to
. (if missing certificates, please read FAQs)
· Fill out the online application which also collects information to run our state-of-the-art background check through National Center for Safety Initiatives (NCSI).
· Pay the certification fee of $35. This fee covers the background check.
· Please allow 4-6 weeks for NCSI to process your background check.
· Click here
to read US Lacrosse's position on background checks. (pdf)
· Attach certificates from your educational components where instructed (if missing certificates, please read FAQs
· Send the portfolio to US Lacrosse
· We will contact you via e-mail when your portfolio has been reviewed and verified. Please allow 2-4 weeks for the portfolio review.
Get it: You are certified
· When your background check has been satisfactorily completed, you will receive a confirmation e-mail and your initial certification card will be sent in the mail. Congrats!
Choose to renew your certification each year with your membership renewal. Your certification will expire when your membership expires.
After 3 or 4 years, participate in a continuing education opportunity if you chose not to move on to Level 2 certification.